SAVE THE VAQUITA Month (and last year’s Year of the Vaquita 2017) are a collaborative effort of Oregon Coast Aquarium and WhaleTimes, Inc. with technical assistance courtesy of Southwest Fisheries Science Center, NOAA Fisheries.
- Join TEAM VAQUITA and help us save vaquita, sea turtles, sharks, and other ocean animals. DEMAND sustainable, traceable seafood.
March 2018: Save the Vaquita Month
Helps us save vaquita by raising awareness of the critically endangered vaquita and totoaba, remind everyone to only eat sustainably caught seafood, and celebrate all the ways people are helping to save the vaquita and totoaba.
- WhaleTimes Save the Vaquita Flyer
- Vaquita, Shy and in Trouble from Jake, the SeaDog
- Vaquita Fact Sheet
- MORE Save the Vaquita K-5th grade Fact Sheets and Activities
- What is Sustainable Seafood? Fact Sheet
- 30 Days to a Sustainable You activity
- Year of the Vaquita 7-12th grade Curriculum (Link takes you to Oregon Coast Aquarium)
- More information about the status of the vaquita and conservation efforts available on the SWFSC/NOAA website https://swfsc.noaa.gov/MMTD-vaquita.