Creep into the DEEPEND™ 2017 news!
Teachers, sign up now to participate in Creep into the DEEPEND Spring 2017
This summer, sign up for a Creep into the DEEPEND Summer Camp at a museum or science center near you. More information to come….
About Creep into the DEEPEND: As part of WhaleTimes’ Virtual Research Missions, students become part of the DEEPEND consortium, a group of deep-sea scientists investigating the biodiversity and distribution of animals in the Gulf of Mexico’s deep-sea ecosystem. The deep is by far the largest affected habitat from the 2010 Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill. The consortium includes more than 30 scientists from 11 different universities and agencies, led by Dr. Tracey Sutton (Nova Southeastern University Oceanographic Center). (Research funded by Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative (GOMRI) award number GOMRI2014-IV-914)
Space is limited: Teachers and summer camp coordinators, for more information, email us: deepend at our website whaletimes.org
Joins WhaleTimes at the DEEPEND, no floaties required!
Video courtesy of the Oregon Coast Aquarium’s Oceanscape Network
Creep into the DEEPEND activities: See links below
- Coloring Sheets
- Creep into the DEEPEND Seamails
- DEEPEND Videos Page (or click on link below):
- DEEPEND Consortium (Video courtesy Oregon Coast Aquarium’s Oceanscape Network)
- Deploying MOCNESS
- MOCNESS Returns
- Swimming Sea Cucumber
- The Pressures On (Video courtesy Oregon Coast Aquarium’s Oceanscape Network)
- Color and the Deep Blue Sea (Video courtesy Oregon Coast Aquarium’s Oceanscape Network)
- Pressure (Video courtesy Oregon Coast Aquarium’s Oceanscape Network)
- Other Videos about the Deep Sea
- Postcards from the DEEPEND
For more information about the 2016 and 2017 Creep into the DEEPEND Events, email us: deepend at our website whaletimes.org
DEEPEND research, outreach, and education funded by the Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative. Thank you!